Tuesday 5 May 2009

Stress and relaxation

I have to admit, I enjoyed the most fabulously lazy day yesterday. For a start, I didn't crawl out of bed til noon - heaven. I mooched around the flat for a bit, grabbing some lunch and catching up with my flatmate and her boyfriend, who I haven't seen in virtually a week. Had a little wander down to the shops, and bought a new denim mini-skirt, since my old one gave up the ghost last week, and in any case was so big that I could remove it without actually undoing it first (that's a shame - heeheee). Picked up some yummy food from Waitrose on the way home, and then settled down to wait for friends to arrive.

We spent most of the afternoon having a mammoth Guitar Hero session (I'm sure our neighbours downstairs must love us on the rare occasions we're quite noisy lol) and generally being silly, and I rounded off the day lying on the bed catching up on various episodes of Supernatural. Mmmmm - can't tell you how gorgeous I think those Supernatural boys - soooooo perrrty!! :o)

All in all it was the perfect antidote to a weekend of running round. Of course, this morning at work has pretty much undone all that good R & R work, as it's now month end, and since we've lost a day to the bank holiday, which the States don't have, our reporting deadlines are tighter than ever this month. Add on to that, that the US very kindly sent me a new reporting requirement which I've only just picked up this morning and is due tomorrow lunchtime, and the stress levels keep cranking up. So my choices now are to either stay in the office and work insanely late to try and sort it (creepy when everybody else has gone), or take my laptop home and work insanely late at home to sort it. Option 2 looks mildly better, but all in all I'm a grumpy bugger about it. The only good thing to be said for month end is that there's no time for me to sit around being easily distracted and dwelling on how much this job sucks.

So, I suppose I'd better text B and let her know that girl's night is officially cancelled due to stupid work, and god only knows when I'll find time to go for a run. Boooooooooo.

The one thing I was quite gratified to hear this morning, were the cries of "you should have come out on Sunday night - it was hilarious!!!" when I got into the office this morning. I know it sounds really stupid, but when I turned down the invitation to go out with work folks on Sun, I was half afraid that they would shrug and say to themselves, oh well, we won't invite her again. Such is my insecurity sometimes about whether people actually like me, that I think maybe they just threw me a sympathy invitation and I blew my chances. It sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Really, I do sometimes think I should get a grip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment