Sunday 3 May 2009

A day of unadulterated girliness

Spent a gorgeous day in Oxford yesterday with ex-uni housemate Caroline. The dreaming spires were bathed in gorgeous May sunshine, and I felt a real pang of nostalgia for my own heady student days when the biggest worry was an impending exam. Not that C and I were Oxford girls - Exeter all the way!

As per usual, I worked out what time I needed to leave the house to get to Oxford for 2pm .... and then promptly left 20 mins late because I was faffing - when, oh when, will I learn??? Luckily, traffic wasn't too bad so actually I wasn't soooooo late .... and in any case C's used to my efforts at time-keeping!

We passed the time happily browsing in the shops and boutiques, wandering round Christ Chuch Meadows and coffee-housing our way through 4 months worth of news (we don't get to meet up so often these days).

C was telling me about her exciting life in London and European politics (the girl did good - her career is really taking off at the moment and I'm sooooooooo proud of her!) and I was catching her up on my own not so-exciting developments. We finished the day sitting in the sun sipping drinks at The Living Room and stayed on to have dinner there - I've not been to any of their places before, and considering the standard of the food and drinks and the ambiance, I was amazed at the prices - so cheap!!!

I just made it home before I fell asleep behind the wheel. After a good night's sleep I've got about 15 mins before I need to leave the house to head down towards Bristol for mountain-biking in the lovely sunshine.

Have a good day peeps - hope you're enjoying the sunny Bank Holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment