Sunday 17 May 2009

Balls and biking

I've had an awesome weekend. After procrastinating the packing down to the last minute, I packed in about 30 mins flat for the weekend, including taking the time to have a total dress crisis. Purple dress or red one, red dress or purple one???? Arrggh!!!! So clearly, I ended up packing the white one instead. This is B and I looking rather pleased with ourselves after *ahem* several glasses of wine.





And a rather random shot of our dinner table at the ball.





Jon (my next door neighbour), B and I looking like we've had a few glasses of wine.





Jon indulging in some Bridget-baiting, whilst she gets a quick lift from Tim (her boyfriend). The object in Jon's hand is B's shoes - he was going after her legendarily ticklish feet.




Classy - the apres-ball drinking continues straight from the wine bottle on the walk to the hosts' house.





A new day, a few hangovers, and a spot of mountain-biking at Llandegla - this is my instrument of torture / weapon of choice:






Me looking exceptionall smug to have reached the top of the climb / beginning of the descent. Can you tell that I'm just the tiniest bit /excited that we're going down, down, down into the woods, somewhere where I'm pointing??




Me, having fun swooping along on the downhill section:




A totally random shot, somewhere near where we finished. I think we'd stopped to compare mud collections - B's was better as my bike is sporting it's winter mud-guards. Will take them off soon as the weather improves.


Tim went off to do the Black run, whilst B and I were lazy on the Blue. He practically inhaled that cake when he caught up with us at the finish. Next time, I'm definitely doing the Red run - the Blue was fun, but not challenging enough.




All in all, a brilliantly fun weekend. Followed by a long trip home in the car. Bridget spent most of the trip home perusing a guide to singletrack venues in the UK and offering up suggestions for future trips, whilst Tim drove, and I dozed in the back. Looking forward to whatever's next. I'm trying to work out if I've got time to have a bash at the red run at the Forest of Dean on my afternoon off on Friday before I head into the Cotswolds to meet some friends for dinner - a slightly daunting prospect in one way as I'd be doing it on my own, but on the other hand I could go at my own speed, and a Friday afternoon should be quiet as most folks would still be in work. Otherwise I think I'll take my bike with me on Sat and explore the possibilities of the Wyre Forest on Sunday after this weekend's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment