Friday 1 May 2009

Money, money, money

I feel happier today, like the clouds have lifted. I don't know if it's the sunshine, the imminent long weekend, or just a bit of positive thinking, but life doesn't seem such a mountain to slog up today.

I was thinking about money last night, and how I always seem to end up in a mess with it, and I thought if I can use positive thinking to help with my weight loss and fitness regime, why can't I apply the same principles to my budgeting and get that debt sorted? And I think I can, I just need to approach it in the same logical way and have some patience, and not get discouraged when it takes a long time, or there's little set-backs.

The main thing to keep in mind is the end goal - when I'm debt-free I'll be able to seriously consider what I want to do with my career and my life, and take advantage of opportunities as they arise. So the first task is just to get to the end of this month in one piece. I don't know how I manage it, but all my money seems to disappear in the first week of the month, like I sit there and honestly think anything I spend that week won't make a difference. Well, I've worked out my budget for the rest of the month (in fact I did so a couple of days ago) and I know what I'm expecting to spend this weekend, so that's a start.

I'm looking forward to the theatre tonight - it's been ages since I've done something cultured, and it's one of my favourite Shakespeare plays - yay!! Hopefully, I'll have time to head out for a walk this afternoon before dinner, and B and I will meet her boyfriend Tim for a drink at the pub after the theatre as he'll have just arrived for the weekend. Might see who else is around and drag some other folks out too - I've been a bit of a social hermit this week so it's time to do some catching up.

I also must call my Dad for a catch-up - it's been nearly 2 weeks and that's far too long. We have a complicated relationship these days, which saddens me, but more on that another time.

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment