Monday 4 May 2009

Social double-booking - d'oh!

A round of applause for that young lady there!!!

In yet another genius moment of complete disorganisation, I managed to double-book myself for last night. Not the cleverest thing I've ever done.

On Friday night after the theatre, I'd asked B if she and Tim fancied doing something after the bike ride yesterday. We didn't really ever answer that question, so I forgot about it. Then I got a text from my work friend Claire yesterday, asking if I wanted to go out in Cheltenham for drinks last night, and said probably yes. Halfway round the bike ride yesterday, B said so what are we going to do tonight then? And I thought "oh bugger".

Please be very proud of me though. Despite being very tempted to go drinking in Cheltenham, because a) it's the first completely non-work-related invitation I've had from work friends since I started my job, b) I like meeting new people and there would have been lots of new people out in that group, and c) there was a guy going along who I rather like, I stuck to my moral highground and explained that actually I'd already got something else on after all.

So even though I made a mess of my diary, at least I did the right thing and stuck to my original committment - especially since I was the one that suggested said committment in the first place!

So after spending a rather knackering afternoon down at Ashton Court near Bristol mountain-biking round the trails in the sunshine, I spent a nice relaxing evening at the cinema watching the cheesey new X Men film. I thoroughly enjoyed it because I'm a bit fan of both cheesey action films and Hugh Jackman!

No comments:

Post a Comment