Thursday 4 June 2009

Well, I'm packed and ready to go, with all the usual trappings of chaos and disorganisation accounted for.

Rather than go spinning, I decided to head for a run as soon as I got in last night, grab a quick tea and then get shot of the packing all in one go. The following problems arose with this plan:
  • I couldn't decide what the hell I wanted to eat when I got back from my run, so a period of indecision (procrastination) followed.
  • I was really into the book I reading over dinner, so it was hard to drag myself away to go jump in the shower and get on with packing (procrastination).
  • Hannah, a friend of mine and my next-door neighbour Jon's girlfriend, popped round to see if I was going to go along to the girls night our friend Bec was hosting. I somehow got talked into it and thus went out at about quarter to nine and didn't get back unitl ten to midnight (yet more procrastination).

To be fair, I'd started the packing before I went out, but I left it at the stage of there being a large pile of clothes on the bed and an empty backpack. Luckily this did mean that in order for me to be able to go to bed when I got home, I actually had to finish packing, so any further procrastination was cancelled. Finally got to bed about half past midnight, and was up again at 6am this morning to get last minute stuff together and get into the office early.

Somewhere in the midst of all this, I realised at 6 this morning that I'd forgotten to pay my physio on Tuesday night when I was meant to be dropping a cheque round to her, so I'm going to have make a guilty phone-call later to explain why I'm a complete idiot. And I actually do feel really bad about that.

I'm still trying to work out what I've forgotten to pack, but at the moment I haven't thought of anything. Whatever it is, hopefully it's not too major! So I'm in work until quarter to 12, and then heading straight off.

Bon voyage, mon amigos, and I'll speak to you on my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment