Tuesday 16 June 2009

Limping along

I'm still here - just somewhat in pain, after I popped my back out again on Sunday afternoon. The legacy of an old horse-riding injury, made worse during a snowboarding fall in January, I'm completely bummed that this has happened as I'd been thinking that between doing so much exercise and all the physio treatment and losing weight, it wouldn't happen again. Or at least it wouldn't happen with no cause, which is what did happen this time.

It seems to have improved quicker than it would usually, but I'm still really stiff, especially after any time spent just sitting still. Once I get up and move around, it quickly loosens up, but the first minute or 2 are horrible as I can barely stand straight. I'm gutted really, as the weather's gone nice again and I can't get out and run, or even walk. I'm going to head to spinning tomorrow night though and take it real easy and hope that that might help me a little bit.

Other than that, I had a gloriously lazy, sunny weekend at home this week. I didn't arrange anything social, I went to bed early because I was knackered, I finally got a chance to catch up on all the stupid domestic stuff that gets left on one side normally, and I found a couple of things whose disappearance has really been stressing me out (my cheque book being one of them!). All the tidying and pottering was pretty cathartic, and I just felt a lot more centred by the end of the weekend.

Not being able to move around much at the moment means I'm also finally taking some chill out time to just sit back and watch some of my stock-piled, recorded tv too. Finally got round to starting Dirty Sexy Money (so funny) and 90210 (so trashy!), and then just been getting early nights, so at least I'm feeling rested at the moment.

Got a bit of a crunch time, financially speaking, coming up over the next couple of months. It's time I paid for the laptop I bought on interest-free credit 6 months ago, and what a surprise that I never got around to putting aside as much money for it as I said I would. Still, I can just about manage it, but I'm back to zero savings. What with holidays coming up that need to be paid for (Croatia), I'm going to have to be careful to try and replenish my savings a bit - one step forward, two steps back. Again.

Looks like I'll be spending a few more nice cheap weekends at home chilling then!

No comments:

Post a Comment