Tuesday 7 July 2009

The wonderful Take That!

God, I'm bad at updating this blog - I've ended up doing two weekend's postings together because I never got round to finishing the first one off!!!

So, 1 week after Hard Rock Calling, I was back in London this weekend for Take That. A slight change of musical pace, I hear you say, but what can I tell you? I'm eclectic!

It turned out to be a long old day, just heading down to London, watching the concert, and then coming straight back again, but well worth it. Even if I was a total and utter zombie at work yesterday (Monday) as a result of severe sleep deficit!

Here's Jo and I waiting for the gig to start .... it seemed to take forever, although we were entertained by the rather good Lady Gaga - she can certainly sing your socks off live!



They are such a bunch of showmen - the gig was fantastic, from hot air balloons, a full complement of circus performers and 40ft flame jets, through to what was just some fantastic live singing and performing - it just blew me away. And the atmosphere was just ..... WOW!! Such a happy, upbeat, vibrant atmoshpere. 80,000 people in Wembley Stadium waving there arms in the air in perfect synchrnicity to Never Forget - just awesome!!





And now I'm back to another boring week in the office. Yay. Still, it's not long to the weekend, and then I'm off to Ascot to go to the horse races for the lovely Phil's 30th birthday celebrations. I haven't been racing for ever, so this a rare opportunity to indulge in a little guilt free gambling (low stakes only) and catch up with friend's who are now based down South and I don't get to see often. Whooop!

1 comment: