Thursday 16 July 2009

Living the (non) simple life

Well, just because I don't like a simple life, I'm going to the party in London, and will then be attempting the epic marathon of a 10 hour (minimum) drive up North with a hangover on Sunday. Nice.

I'm also in the extreme last stages (think dying fish, gasping it's last) of poverty, given that I don't get paid til Monday, and I tells ya, it's a massive pain in the ass.

Given that it's now Thursday, and I'm meant to be leaving Saturday, I'm guessing you'll be not at all surprised that I have in no way, shape or form, started the packing yet! Haven't even started the washing. Nothing like good ol' procrastination, leaving it all til the last moment!

I'm also probably going to get in to trouble on Sat, as in theory the party is a jungle theme, but given time, money, and pride constraints I'm opting to not go full on dressed up, and to instead actually attempt to look sex-ay. Mostly because I know from previous experience that there are bound to be quite a few good-looking men at the party. Me? Shallow? Like a puddle.

So in between then and now, I shall be washing, making lists, throwing stuff around my room in an attempt to find shit, packing, unpacking because I've got too much shit in my bag, unpacking again because I can't remember whether I already put x in, and just generally having a massive panic right up til the last minute. I effing hate packing, hence the delaying tactics!

Also, to be quite honest, my bedroom is the biggest pigsty you've ever seen. Perhaps I should post a photo, to shame myself into action to tidy it??

I haven't been up to much this week, apart from going to the gym, and being lured out on a spontaneous pub visit last with Bridget and the boys, but somehow that's left me with very little time left over. Which would probably explain the state of my room, since I'm usually in and out just to get a change of clothes and then shoot off out again.

Watch this space to see how much chaos unfolds in my attempts to get ready for holiday! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment