Sunday 1 November 2009

Phew - Flat Stress Over!!

I am so, sooooo relieved. My friend Sheena texted me yesterday afternoon to ask what the situation was with my current flatmate moving out, and whether I wanted to meet for coffee today. We've briefly discussed the possibility of her moving into the flat over the past couple of months, but she wasn't sure what her current flatmate was up to in regards to moving in with her boyfriend, as it was on the cards, but the timing was unclear. You can therefore imagine, that I've been on tenterhooks for the last 24 hours, wandering (and hoping) if she was going to say it was a go for moving in together.

And it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooooooooop!!

For once in my life, the gods are being kind and a housing situation has resolved itself nicely. Sheena's hoping to move in just before Xmas. I'm so pleased as she's going to be an ace flatmate, and we get on really, really well, but also because it's such a worry off my mind and means I can keep my flat which I love. That's a total bonus as I was quite prepared to move to another flat if she wanted to, but she actively wants to move in here - awesome!!

I'll prob have a month therefore where I have to cover rent and bills on my own, as we don't think we're going to quite be able to synch their flat's notice period up with ours, but that's not a problem as I want to ask the landlord about redecorating the 2nd bedroom anyway, as the wallpaper's started to peel off and it could do with a lick of paint. I'm thinking that if I offer to do the redecoration for them they may well let me just pay half rent that month anyway, or at least a reduced rent (especially as they're mortgage was paid off years ago, and they've had 5 years of my friends and I renting from them and successively finding them new tenants as we go). It's totally a case of "don't ask, don't get", so I'll put it out there and see what they say. It's all very exciting anyway, and means that my money situation now looks far healthier, and I don't have to feel guilty about juggling my finances round so I can go skiing in January. Extra wahoooooo!!

Had an awesome weekend with the girls, Hannah and Bec, and now just feeling a bit shattered back in my flat, and trying to summon some energy to do any of the tasks that need sorting. Of which there are many!

No comments:

Post a Comment