Thursday 13 August 2009

The storm after the lull, after the storm

Not a lot has really been happening the last couple of weeks. Scotland was absolutely awesome, but coming back is always a complete anti-climax. I hate how the stress of everyday life always starts to encroach on the last couple of days of the holiday, even though I try hard not to let it do so.

Anyhoo - Scotland was great in several ways. I had a rare chance to completely catch up on my sleep with nothing to drag me out in the mornings that I didn't want to be doing. I had time to sit and do absolutely nothing if that was what took my fancy, and enjoyed spending time just sitting round and reading, or doing puzzles, and whiled away many a happy hour playing goofy board games with friends.

The weather was fantastic, and with all the extra energy stemming from my weight loss, it was a great chance to get out and walk and run, bike and row the little boat out to nearby islands.

It was a fantastic opportunity to really catch up with friends, including some I don't see so often, and to finally meet people I've been hearing about for ages - like the infamous Ali, who I always seem to just miss at all previous social gatherings. He was hilarious, high-octane (knackering) fun, so I'm glad I finally had the chance to meet the man behind the legend. And then I got to meet new people. One in particular, I was very glad to have had the chance to meet - the lovely Andy. It's been ages since I really felt attracted to someone on all levels, but I think I was fairly smitten by the second day or thereabouts. Funny, tall, attractive, scarily intelligent, and so, so nice. Sadly, nothing happened. I'd love to say, that just occasionally, I got hints that maybe he wasn't entirely averse to me, but I have no idea if that's true or just me imagining things. Either way, he was lovely, and I look forward to the next time our paths cross.

Other than that, we ate like kings, drank like fishes and generally, much fun was had.

And so, after a few quiet weeks at home, not doing too much, it's now almost holiday time again! My bank balance is definitely suffering a bit by this point in my holidays-packed summer, but this is the last one, and it's going to be awesome. I'm shipping out with the girls, Lissa and Jo, to Croatia, for a 10 day camping tour.

I'm still trying to sort the chaos from coming back from the last one, so now I've got to suck it up and get it sorted, and start the marathon of organising involved in packing for this next one.

I'm heading out to a beer festival on Saturday with a whole heap of friends, so Sunday is probably going to be semi-devoted to packing. And let's be realistic - I'll probably end up doing most of it Wednesday morning before going to the airport. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment