Thursday 29 September 2011

Missing The Little Things

Knowing I did the right thing does not mean I won't regret having to do it.  I've just got into work and realised that I won't be getting any more little emails from him during the day - seeing one from a couple of days ago still lurking in my inbox gave me a little moment of regret.

In the weirdest twist, it was the Aussie Surfer who was offering me the shoulder to cry on if needed last night.  A couple of days ago, we were dating too, and somewhere along the line the transition to friend was fast and total.  As it happened, Hannah stepped up to that mark, and there was a lot of wine and millionaire shortbread last night, but the offer was still appreciated, if unexpected.  I do feel a little like a bad rom-com plot at the moment though!

2 comments:

  1. I do feel a little like a bad rom-com plot at the moment

    Been there, bought the t shirt :)

    Believe it or not, I wish I'd just enjoyed the ride back then, rather than being so disappointed when things didn't work out with someone...9 times out of 10 someone I barely knew!

    If the spark isn't there you can't pretend it is. End of. You've done the right thing.

    Keep being your beautiful sparkly self and enjoy life...that tends to be when the right one walks in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can miss little thing but also you should be sad because many better nice monents ahead waiting for you

    ReplyDelete